We don’t want to tell you why you should choose us… we want you to come to this conclusion for yourself! That’s why we've put together a comprehensive list of all your available payment options and their pro’s and con’s - so you can make your own decision at the end of the day. Compare cash to finance and decide for yourself ...
|Payment method||Cash||Credit card||Overdraft||Spartan's Rental Finance|
|Speed||Writing a cheque is fast – an almost instant solution.||Quick, although not quite as quick as paying cash.||If already in place, overdraft is almost as instant as cash. If not it’s not a fast solution.||There is a 24-48 hour credit application process – sometimes less.|
|Total cost||No interest or finance charge. However, this is can be a costly payment method as cash is used to pay for things that can’t be funded – for higher returns than the interest costs of borrowing.||This is the most expensive form of payment 90% of the time. There is a very high interest charge, which fluctuates constantly in our volatile economic climate. Not good.||There will be an interest/ finance charge. However, this is can be a costly payment method as cash is used to pay for things that can’t be funded – for higher returns than the interest costs of borrowing.||There is a finance cost. However, it is modest compared to the price of credit card interest.|
|Convenience||Paying cash is definitely convenient – if you have it free to use.||The supplier is unlikely to accept a credit card payment. Also, the cost of software may exceed available credit, eliminating the convenience factor.||Overdrafts are relatively convenient, but are like lifelines - given the unstable economic climate it is prudent to save them.||You can get all the software & hardware you need immediately, without cutting down the scope of your project.
It’s a one-stop shop where you get all the funding needed in one go.
|Added benefits||None, except the instant gratification of paying and getting the software straight away.||None.||None.||We not only finance the software project but we provide a finance facility for future hardware and software needs.|
|When it’s smart||When your business has surplus money lying around.||Never, really. It’s feasible when the purchase amount is tiny.||When you have an abundant overdraft facility & an immediate crisis.||When you need software acquisition, licenses, implementation, consulting, development and training. We finance it all. When you have a hardware need you want taken care of in one step, by dealing with one company. When you wish to conserve cash and overdraft facilities for future needs.|
|When it’s not smart||For sensible long term solutions – i.e. when your need is not so critical that you need pass up the extra benefits and better return on investment that comes with finance.||For any significant purchase on which your company does not particularly want to pay exorbitant interest.||Using working capital facilities [meant for short term crisis needs] for long term fixes such as IT is not smart.||When you have a pressing need that cannot wait a couple of hours, then the added interest cost and lack of added benefits of other payment methods make sense.|
Rental and Finance with Spartan is not for you if:
- You are not a business, but a single individual buying technology hardware or software. In this case you are looking for short term hire
- You are a business with ample disposable cash readily available to spend on technology needs
…. And you don’t want the value-added services rental finance provides
- You are a start-up company with less than 10 technology users. In this case you will find value in short term hire
- You are a business with a dire technology crisis that needs solving within the next hour
- You are a major enterprise company with more than 500 staff
- When you have all the software you will ever need
- You actually like shopping around and sourcing/organising technology suppliers, installers, customisation experts, licensing, etc.
Rental and Finance with Spartan is perfect for you if:
- You are a small to medium-sized business with in between 10 and 500 staff
- You have extensive/grand plans which need grand software or hardware & would like to have it right away
- You are a company which wants to conserve your cash, lines of credit at the bank and overdraft for other business needs - or for future emergencies when you’ll really need it
- You want added benefits, and are prepared to wait 24 hours for credit approval before getting them
- You need to fund your company’s acquisition, installation, implementation, licensing, consulting, training and developing of technology software or hardware